Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Lumia 920

The Nokia Lumia 920 is coming out! It looks so nice, and less oddly-shaped than my present N8. Actually, it looks a little like my Dad's Sony Xperia 10, hopefully not as wide.

I'm pretty excited about the PureView camera. I hear it's going to be gorgeous. I've been more than satisfied with the N8 12MP camera, but my hand has never been steady. So my photos don't turn out fantastic. Hopefully the OIS in the Lumia is an improved version.

One bad thing with smartphones nowadays: they've drifted away from supporting FM. No receiver/transmitter means no radio on-the-go for me, because I don't have a data plan and I don't plan to sign up for one. One good thing about the Lumia is the free Nokia Music Store streaming. I just hope it's not a 1-year subscription with no way of getting back the music after you change both your computer and your phone (like the case for my Comes With Music 5800).

The weight of the device puts me off, however. My N8 is already heavy at 135g. The Lumia is going to be 185g. That's almost a 40% increase in weight. Well, at least there's a (much) greater increase in the CPU speed and RAM. I suppose the only accurate way to compare this is if you compared it to other popular smartphones in the market.

With all that's said and done, I'm looking forward to getting the Nokia Lumia 920, but it sucks that I can't recontract with Starhub until May 2013. That probably means that I won't be getting the Lumia 920. Did I really wait THAT long after the release date to get the N8? Argh. I don't even remember my N8 being so new. Well, I don't NEED to change my N8. I've just fallen in love (at first sight) with the Lumia 920, that's all.

Would Nokia send me a free Lumia 920 if I promise to provide regular feedback to them? Pretty please?

No comments: